Summer Reading Program
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
Summer is here & so is the 2021 Summer Reading Program!
Summer reading is fun for kids & teens!
Kids do better in school when they read over the summer — even if it’s for just 10 minutes a day!
To combat the “summer slide,” the library hosts dozens of programs, activities, and events during the Summer Reading Program. This year we have an Adventure Pathway with tons of activities (NOT JUST READING!). You can pick up your pathway beginning June 1st. Each age group has a different pathway, plus there is a pathway for the family.
Kids and teens can:
- Read whatever they want—fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, chapter books, short stories, comic books, and more
- Weekly prize drawings – beginning June 11th
- Fun at-home activities
- Virtual programming – check out our website calendar for details
- Book mark contest – design your own bookmark. Entries will be submitted to the Library Board for voting at the August 9th board meeting. The design with the most votes will be professional printed for distribution in our library.
Summer Reading Program Information:
Dates: June 1st-July 31st
- Complete your Adventure Pathway
Summer reading is for grownups, too!
Adults — Read 4 books and turn in your reading log for a prize. Reading logs can be picked up from the circulation desk beginning June 1st. Drawings for prizes will take place on August 1st.
Virtual Escape Rooms