Passport Services are available by appointment only at De Soto Public Library. Please call (636) 586-3858 to make an appointment during the hours below. If you are unable to arrive on time, please call to let us know. Applicants who are more than 15 minutes late will be rescheduled.
Monday – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday – 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday – 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sunday – Closed
Routine application processing takes 10-12 weeks. An expedited passport can take 4-6 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A PASSPORT
Please refer to www.travel.state.gov/passport for full information and requirements for applying for a passport. You may also call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
A passport book can be used for international air travel. A passport card can only be used for land or sea travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The adult passport book and card are good for ten years. The minor (under age 16) passport book and card are good for five years.
You must appear in person when applying for a passport. Minors must be accompanied by both parents or guardians.
When applying for a passport book or card, you must provide:
- A completed application (form DS-11) for a passport (available at the library OR at www.travel.state.gov/passport). If filling out the form online, it must be printed on separate sheets of paper. The form must be completed in black ink only. Do not sign the application. Do not fold the application.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship which may be a previous U.S. passport, certified birth certificate*, or Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization. No photocopies will be accepted. The original document will be submitted with your application and will be returned with your issued passport. If you do not have a certified copy of your birth certificate, you may order one from www.vitalcheck.com.
- Current proof of identity which may be established with a previous U.S. passport or a current valid driver’s license, military I.D. card, or State I.D. card. Further proof of identification is required if providing a State I.D. card or out-of-state driver’s license.
- A photocopy of the front and back of your photo ID (we can provide this)
- One passport photo (available at Walgreens or Wal-Mart)
- Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State per application:
- Adult passport book $110
- Minor (under age 16) passport book $80
- Adult passport card $30
- Minor (under age 16) passport card $15
- Expedited service $60
- There may be additional fees for express mailings.
- Separate Check, money order, or cash made payable to De Soto Public Library:
- Execution fee per application $35
Please Note – The Application Fee is non-refundable and will be retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
RENEWING YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT
De Soto Public Library does not accept passport renewal applications. You must complete the mail-in renewal process yourself. You may pick up a paper copy of the DS-82 Passport Renewal form at the library or print one from the state department website.
You can renew your passport if these conditions apply to your current U.S. passport:
- It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- It was issued when you were age 16 or older
- It was issued within the last 15 years
- It was issued in your current name (or your name change legal document is mailed in with your application)
You will need a current passport photo to submit with your application.
Please refer to www.state.travel.gov/passport for more information.